Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Love, true love.

 

So in the past 5 months we have had 3 marriages in my family. First my cousin Kaylyn got married on October 22nd, then my sister Leah got married on November 17th, and then my brother Blaze got married on February 22nd. So it has been a pretty crazy 5 months in my family. And everyone has said to me "Oh you're next in line Aubrey" and I am like nooooo I'm not! 
Dating love and marriage are all so fun to talk about, but really scary to think about me actually getting married. I am not ready at all. Don’t get me wrong, I cannot wait to be married but I don’t want to be ready for a while. First off what we learned in class is that there are four types of love: Eros, agape, storge, and philia. Eros is love that is driven by emotions, it is passionate and sexual. Agape is a love that is more independent of ones feelings for another. Storge is the love between a parent and their child. And philia is the kind of love between friends. You will experience each one of these types of love your entire life. With the person you are going to marry, you should have all four types of love. They should be your best friend and you should be independent but complete each other. You should love them like a parent loves their child in the way that you would do anything for them, put them before yourself, and want to take care of them. And obviously you should have that passion for each other. I loved talking about this in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment