Sunday, March 24, 2013

February 11-15 Dating



Ooo la la this was a fun week. And perfect timing for Valentine’s Day. Something that really surprised me was that 1/3 of people usually marry someone within a few blocks of where they live or grew up. But at the same time it makes sense because a lot of people usually go to a college close to home and never leave. I knew that is why I had to leave Georgia and come to BYU-Idaho. If I would have stayed then I am afraid I would have never left and experienced new things. I also came here because I wanted to actually go on dates with guys. Especially guys with the same standards as me. Back home, dating is like a lost cause. You just “hang out” with people instead of going on dates. For it to be considered a date, it must consist of the three P’s: Planned, paid for, and paired off. But anyways, also you know the saying “opposites attract” is actually not completely true. People actually tend to go for other people with similar interests. Sure everyone will have their differences but for something to work out you need to have the same opinions are most things and be able to agree and compromise. The purpose of dating is to yes, find your eternal companion. But they will probably not be the first person that you ever date. You are supposed to date lots of people, find out what you like and don’t like, break hearts and even get your heart broken. You will have good and bad experiences with dating but do not be discouraged after a couple dates without finding “the one” he/she will come in time and sweep you off your feet. Well I hope that’s how it will happen for me.
Peace, Love, and Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment